The carriage has two saloons with an interior typical of the period, with earflap armchairs, teak walls and a birch veneer ceiling. In 1956, the carriage was upgraded to a first class carriage.

It was in service until the late 1980s, when it was purchased by the association Kalmar Järnvägars Museiförening and came to the Swedish Railway Museum as part of a trade. The carriage has undergone very few changes over the years. It has been completely renovated and was put back into service in the 2000s for museum trips. The carriage is painted and marked as it looked between 1957 and 1970.  


KV, 1940




23.5 metres


48 tonnes

Maximum permitted speed

130 km/h